- Public Service
- Storm Water
This division of the Department of Public Service operates and maintains the stormwater collection system that consists of 39 miles of storm mains and over 1,900 structures. The division is responsible for the administration of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimitation System (NPDES) Phase II regulations that were developed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency to reduce the discharge of pollutants, protect aquatic life and satisfy the appropriate water quality requirements of the Clean Water Act. The following are the six minimum control measures established to maintain compliance:
- Public Education & Outreach
- Public Participation & Involvement
- Illicit Discharge Detection & Elimination
- Construction Site Runoff Control
- Post-construction Runoff Control
- Pollution Prevention & Good Housekeeping
Functions of this department include:
- Stormwater collection system O&M
- NPDES Phase II administration
• Construction site stormwater users, see NPDES information.
Natural creeks flow throughout our community, adding beauty, tranquility, and economic value to neighboring properties. They serve as refuges and avenues of travel for wildlife, as well as an area for storm water drainage.
Our largest creek in the city is Walnut Creek. It flows from the southeastern corner to the southwestern corner of our city. It passes below our landmark covered bridge.
The city provides an information page that contains information about the creek. The Walnut Creek Report
Water Quality Partnership
Join These Canal Winchester Businesses Taking the WQP Pledge:
- Fitness Firm
- General Temperature Control Inc.
- Heiberger Paving Inc.
- Jackson Lake Campground & Park
- Storage One
- Supreme Realty
- TS Trim Industries Inc.
- Canal Banking Center
- Winchester Vision Care
- Hersh Packing and Rubber Co.
- Alan McDermott Glass Inc.
- Aero Electrical Contractors, INC.
- Mac's Auto Parts
- Revolution Realty
- Sticks & Stones Studio
- Canal Winchester Area Historical Society
- HFI LLC
- Columbus Gymnastics Academy
- Cyclist Connection
- Hope United Methodist Church
- Hamilton Home Products Inc.
- Diley Ridge Dental