Christmas in the Village
2022 Christmas in the Village
Canal Winchester’s annual storybook Christmas celebration will be held in the city’s historic downtown on Friday, December 2 and Saturday, December 3 from 6:00 - 9:00 PM.
The free festival features activities inside businesses and on the sidewalks and streets of downtown Canal Winchester.
Christmas in the Village is a partnership between the City of Canal Winchester and Destination: Canal Winchester.
Christmas in the Village Activities
- Tree Lighting - Begins at 6:00 PM at Stradley Place Greenspace, Courtesy of Santa Claus
- Visit with Santa - Interurban Depot, Courtesy of Wright-Patt Credit Union
- Christmas Trolley - Stops at Faith United Methodist Church (North Side of Columbus Street), Community Center, and Historical Complex
- Popcorn Station - Hosted by Miss CW Pageant Queens, Stradley Gazebo
- Children's Train Rides - Courtesy of Lithopolis Honey Fest, South High Street
- Ice Sculptures - Stradley Place
- Meet Rudolph's Reindeer Friends - Stradley Greenspace
- Hayrides - Courtesy of Dill’s Greenhouse, local volunteers, and Miss CW Pageant Queens, South High Street
- Sleigh Rides - Courtesy of Destination: Canal Winchester, South High Street
- Iceless Skating Rink - With help from New Life Church volunteers, Shades Parking Lot
- Gingerbread House Contest - Hosted by Kelly Abbott & The "A" Team - HER/Howard Hanna Realtors (11 S. High)
- Christmas Crafts - Hosted by CW Goddard School, Town Hall (10 N. High)
- Craft Bazaar & Train Display - Community Center (45 E. Waterloo), Courtesy of Destination: Canal Winchester
- Rising Sun Coffee Truck - Outside the Community Center (45 E. Waterloo)
- Santa Arrives by Firetruck - Santa arriving downtown at 6:00 PM. View the route!
- Brockstrong Holiday Lights Parade with Santa - Begins at 5:30 PM with Santa arriving downtown at 6:00 PM. View the route!
Visit our Historic Downtown Business District
during Christmas in the Village!
For those visiting our Historic Downtown Business District during Christmas in the Village, the following activities will be hosted by businesses located outside of the Christmas in the Village street closures. Please use sidewalks and crosswalks when walking downtown, and watch carefully and cautiously for traffic.
- Free hot chocolate and cookies, plus a *Christmas Market - Hosted by David's United Church of Christ (80 W. Columbus) *Market is Saturday only
- Free cookies, hot beverages, and activities for kids - Faith United Methodist Church (15 W. Columbus)
- Paint an Ornament - $1 fee, Hosted by Square Canvas (10 E. Waterloo)
- Enjoy a holiday treat - Hosted by Dagger Law (16 N. High) *Saturday only
- Pet Pictures with Santa - Hosted by Friends for Life Animal Haven, Vasko Office (19 N. High) *Suggested $10 donation
- Meet Santa's Elves and Get Reindeer Food - Hosted by Olivia Hammond, ERA Real Solutions Realty (35 N. High)
- Meet Rudolph - Hosted by Jennifer Kitchen, Rise Realty (36 N. High)
- Mini Nativity Craft - Hosted by House of Therapy (52 N. High)
- "Storybook Christmas: Polar Express" Special Themed Activities - Hosted by the Canal Winchester Area Historical Society (10 W. Oak)
- Food, Friends, & Fa-La-La Fun!- Hosted by our many quaint local shops & restaurants along High Street and Waterloo Street!